little bits & pieces

The RoLo Story

Thursday, October 20, 2016
It's officially the one month countdown till our wedding next month!! That being said, I thought I would share our story of how we met. Many of you may know this fun story but for the rest that don't, Here it is. 


I have to start with when I was fifteen, yes 1-5, and went to Irvine Spectrum with my best friend. We came across the store No Fear, with a line coming out of the door. The line was for autographs from a row of extreme sport professionals. Well, Rod was the last one on that row since he was a professional surfer. So since I had never seen a more beautiful man in my life, I waited in that long line just to meet him and get his autograph! What's funny about this, is I remember telling my friend at the time that he was my ultimate dream man and would marry him in a heartbeat. You know, because that's what you say at fifteen.


 
To add to that, a couple years later, he moved literally below my parents house. I could see him load all his boards in his car ready to go to the beach. No, I don't think it was creepy, I mean, look at the man! Any girl would've done the same! Besides, it's not stalking if he lives down the street and you can see the house from your backyard! ;)

Anyway, fast forward to 2006 when I was 20 years old and I came across Rod's MySpace profile (I know right?) from a mutual friend of ours and instantly remembered his name. Of course I'm going to message him and fess up to my slight stalker status when I was younger and hope he laughs. Well he did. Obviously. 


After that we started a VERY slow dating relationship since we had both been in long term relationships right before we met. One thing was for sure, we couldn't get enough of eachother. Even through our "hiccups/breaks" there was always something missing.

Now it's 11 years later and we will be getting married on our 10 year anniversary! Holy cow! I'll probably get nervous when the wedding gets closer but right now it's hard to get nervous over something you know, in every fiber of your being, is right. Marriages are hard work and neither of us take them lightly. However, we can't imagine putting in that work with anyone else. On that note,  I can't wait to see this man at the end of the aisle! 30 days....wooo hooo!!

Moral of the story ladies, it pays to be a little cray haha!

Photos: Natalie Schutt Photography

"Something about your presence speeds up my heartbeat, in a way that makes me think, it may have been running slow my whole life" - k.b.




Peyton's First Birthday Cake

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Healthy Birthday Cake

Author: 
Recipe type: Cake

Ingredients
  • 4 or 5 ripe bananas
  • ¾ cup organic cinnamon apple sauce
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1½ cups whole wheat flour
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 egg whites, beaten
For The Frosting
  • 1 cups (8 ounces) cream cheese (if you need to make more frosting, double the ingredients)
  • ¼ cup (2 ounces) organic cinnamon apple sauce
  • 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (alcohol free)


Instructions
  1. Mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
  2. In a separate large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
  3. Add the mashed bananas, applesauce, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix just until incorporated. Beat two egg whites until you receive a cone when pulling out the whisk, fold in carefully the beaten egg whites.
  4. Spray your 8 or 9″round (6" pans are perfect for this) pans with non-stick cooking spray or coat with butter and flour.
  5. Spread the batter into the bottom of both pans.
  6. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
  7. Cool the cakes, then use an overturned 16oz glade storage round to cut out 4 small cake rounds.
  8. Prepare the frosting, add in between each layer 2 tbsp. of your cream cheese mixture. When all layers are stacked on top of each other, cover the cake with the remaining frosting and decorate as desired.
For The Frosting
  1. Soften the cream cheese.
  2. Whisk the cream cheese with the apple sauce and vanilla extract until creamy.
  3. Decorate as desired!



I posted the original recipe with the layers, however I just baked mine in a 6" round pan. Which by the way I love, they are springform and make it super easy to take your cake out of the mold! Find them here, you won't be sorry! On another note, I know a lot of people were wondering why this alternative as oppose to the traditional sugar loaded cake. Honestly, I'm not a fan of cake in general so this cake sounded better to me, call me crazy. Also, since Pey had not been exposed to pure sugar yet I had no intention of possibly making her sick if she dominated the whole thing! I've seen babies puke from too much sugar too fast and I just wanted to avoid that. That being said, that doesn't mean it will be that way next year ;) 

The "Pey" Times || Eleven Months

Saturday, August 27, 2016

E l e v e n  M o n t h s


Height: forgot to measure her! :(
Weight: 23lbs 6oz

July 12, 2016

Where to start, from 10 to 11 months I feel like Pey grew leaps and bounds! Besides the fact that she practically runs everywhere she goes, she cleans up her toys, blows kisses and became a professional straw drinker. She is extremely active and always on the go which has me in serious need of coffee all the time. 


Milestones:

> cleans up her toys, then takes them out and starts the process again
> Found her favorite stuffed animals, Lamby the Lamb and Hootie the Owl, bet you couldn't guess that.
> she blows kisses
> takes a sip of water and says "ahhhhh" hopefully you've caught it on my snap!
> continues to have so much fun drinking out of a straw, but loves her sippy cup too.
> Clapping to b-i-n-g-o

Likes:

> playing with keyboards
> going in and out of rooms in the house
> rummaging through drawers and putting everything on the floor
> holding on to the leg of anyone she recognizes
> stopping to stare at strangers until they acknowledge her!
> going to sleep in the ergo
> she finds it absolutely hilarious when she pushes her highchair around the room after the dogs, it's a crack up.

Dislikes:
> she will now sit down if she doesn't want to be picked up!
> she won't let me hold her hand to walk anymore

New food she loves:

> Fruit is her everything (just like her mama, I could live off fruit) Banana, Raspberries and watermelon being her top faves.
> Black beans
> Hummus

What she does when you ask...How big is Peyton??!? Soooooo biggg :)
Growing up faster and faster, this little lady was finally completely stable and confident with walking a week into this month. She even picks herself back up if she falls, it takes a lot to make this one cry. I have one more month of her month to month updates and I'm super freaked out. What's next? 1 and a half? I'll tell you one thing, I spent a good 3 hours looking through her birth photos and videos. Of course, this only makes me ready to clip on koala Rod for another one! Stupid little event in November called a Wedding is holding me back though! I WILL fit into my dress! Haha ok, in all seriousness I definitely need a little more time. How much time are you mommies taking? What's a good age gap you think?

The "Pey" Times || Ten Months

Friday, July 29, 2016
T e n  M o n t h s



Height: 30 in. 
Weight: 21lbs 6oz

June 12, 2016

Two month countdown to her first birthday!! Holy cow! She started walking a day after she turned 9 months and has been doing nothing but since then. She's almost able to be completely mobile which will make me so happy because I can take her to Disneyland and because she is getting wayyy too heavy.

I feel like this past month has been the worse sleep time she's had since she was a newborn! Is it possible for your baby to have insomnia? Lol It's fun when people say to put them to bed later or earlier, it seriously doesn't even matter people! If I put her to bed late she's restless and too exhausted so she'll wake up a bunch and still early. If I put her to bed earlier she still wakes up a bunch (almost seems like from nightmares) and still wakes up early am. I'm at a loss but like all things, this too shall pass. I hope.


Milestones:

> Give her one hand to walk with and she takes off! Needing little assistance walking on her own now...so sad. What's next? Running?! Ah. (update, since I started writing this she is officially walking unassisted! yikes! 10 months 1 week)
> Knows how to wave bye
> She will shake her head no if she doesn't want any more of something
> She loves her mermaid doll and carries her by her hair and gives her kisses
> Holding a toy in both hands and one in her mouth and cruising around
> Thinks it's hilarious to use a baby fork to pick up her food but she's getting it. Food is all over the floor but that's what dogs are for!
> Mimics every kind of smile and face scrunch

Likes:

> Holding hands
> Squeezing mommies other boob while nursing ( pretty sure it's to try and stimulate more milk but it still creeps Rod out haha)
> Spinning in a circle
> Being thrown in the air


Dislikes:

> Vaccums all of a sudden
> Aluminum foil!
> Blenders
> Pretty much anything loud and scary!


Food she loves:

> Loves her eggs (started at 9 months since we have no allergies in fam)
> All berries
> Grapes
> Beets
> Broccoli
> Salmon (tried at 9.5 months again since there are no allergies in fam)
> Coconut
> Cinnamon


I haven't introduced meat yet because I am planning on waiting till at least a year, although I'm secretly hoping that she doesn't like it!

One thing I will say about 10 month old Pey is that she is determined to do things HER way or no way. Such a sweetheart who will give just about anyone a kiss but extremely stubborn and independent when it comes to activities and playtime. As far as toys, we are kind of at a stand still since the walker is simply to dangerous and all she wants to do is walk with things in her hands. 

Ps...anyone's back killing them?! They say it takes a year or more to fully recover since most of your body structure changes, but dangggg ill tell you I'm going to be screwed at 70 or 80 years old!

Fatherhood Q & A

Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Hello Family Friday! After a very long process of procrastination, I got the hubby to answer questions about being a dad! I didn't filter or stop him from writing anything which was VERY hard (and scary) so enjoy... and laugh! 





1. How would you explain the feelings of seeing your baby for the first time? 

I've never felt joy like that in my life. While being super concerned and nervous about how fragile she looked!

2. Now how about seeing your baby come out?! 

Well I assumed she was gonna have a crushed head or a big ring dented in it, since only about one inch of her head was exposed for what felt like an eternity before they got her all the way out.

3. Do you look at your fiancé any different now?

Yeah, I'm signing her up for the circus.

4. Did being a father feel natural to you from the get go? If not, how long did it take? 

Yes it definitely did but I can admit I was and am still nervous about being the best dad Peyton could ever have.

5. If you could tell new dads one amazing thing about being a father, what would it be?

Everyday is an amazing new experience, from eye contact, to touch, and now I'm getting to watch her walk and call me da-da. Melting inside.

6. If you could tell new dads one not so amazing thing about being a father, what would it be? 

Less sleep, more poo, less sex, more poo.

7. If you could tell yourself one thing before you had a baby, what would it be? 

Don't worry.... it's the best thing that will ever happen to you.

8. Do you think your fiancé feels differently about you now? 

Yeah she's totes pissed... See question 9  below.

9. How do you feel about co-sleeping? 

I love it! I get pretty good rest most of the time because of it. Lorin is such an amazing mommy that she will bring Peyton into our bed in the middle of the night and I won't know it, she'll just sleep on the boob. Then I wake up with a tiny little hand scratching my back. The single best way to wake up in the morning.

10. What was a moment where you thought to yourself "Wow, I'm a dad"?

Everyday when she looks at me in the eyes and I know she is gonna count on me to keep her safe and give her the life she deserves. (Plus every time I step on a toy in the middle of the night and hurt myself)

11. What do you think of breastfeeding? 

I've only done it once. It was pretty tasty.

12. Would you say you are even more attracted now than before to your fiancé?

Yes, if that's possible! Boom.

13. How is your sleeping? 

I sleep pretty good most of the time in my 8 inch sliver of the bed I get to hang off of.

14. What is your favorite thing to do with your daughter?  

Kiss her, and kiss her, and kiss her, and kiss her, and never stop kissing her! (Since she won't hold still long enough for a good long hug of course)

15. Any tricks that seem to work for you and her to calm her down? 

Of course! For me it's the legendary Heisman Trophy football hold while singing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (even if it is 85 degrees in June)

16. Last but not least, What was your bribe for writing answers to these questions?? Haha

Some stuff...........  and freedom to golf and surf everyday I chose.................... forever! :)

So there it is, some super sweet and some typical dude answers. All in all he is a doting father and we are so happy he's ours!!

In other news, we bought our first house!!! Moving in less than 3 weeks so between that, Peytons 1st birthday in August, my birthday in July (not so important), wedding planning and hopefully a housewarming party, things are getting more cray but exciting! 

Things are flying by and with Pey turning 10 months in a couple days, it's a big reminder. Soak it in ladies, I take pictures and videos daily and although it doesn't do her justice it's the best we can do to freeze time. 

Anyone else feel like it's just been one thing after another lately?!?! 

The "Pey" Times || Nine Months

Wednesday, May 25, 2016
N i n e  M o n t h s

Height: 29.5 in. 
Weight: 21lbs 2oz

Tuesday Tuesday...can't say I notice you and I often get you confused for Monday or Wednesday. Just me? Whelp, Another month, another tooth, another funny story, another update! This little beasty doesn't know what she wants but she knows she wants it, isn't that always a fun mystery? The first few weeks of life I thought that maybe I was doing something wrong because I wasn't sure what kind of personality she had or knowing what every sound or look meant. I knew when she was pooping versus peeing lol that was about it! Although now I know every little detail, she stumps me still. I guess that's our job right now though, to read their minds, until they can tell us later on and even then we will still know better!

This captures everything...Two top teeth, two bottom teeth, smile and right leg up! 
She's not interested in my squeaky toy anymore lol

Milestones:

> Her two top teeth came in right when she turned 8 months...total of 4 now. eeesh.
> Taking a few steps before collapsing, literally baby steps haha
> Totally "cruising" around the couch mostly
> Tries to wave, backwards of course
> She knows what it means to clap and will start clapping if you say "yay!" or start singing patty cake or the song If you're happy and you know it.
> Matches color to color, you will often find her with two things that are the same color.
> Saying MAMA!! Well not super often but not just when she cries anymore :)
> We've got a dancing leg people! It's the cutest thing. Give her a good beat and she will clap her hands and shake a leg haha.
> Last but not least, she is starting to understand patterns I think you would say. For example: if you put a ball down the slide and then hand her that ball, she will attempt to do the same thing!! so awesome!

Add caption

Likes:

> Ricky and Lucy's doggie bowls!! Ah! Seriously always trying to play with their water or food.
> Splashing madness during bath time, no need to wet her hair because she will do it herself!
> Little Einsteins! Well only the intro song. She will crawl up to the TV stand, pull herself up and stare at the screen smiling and one leg dancing!
> Belly fart kisses :)
> Her monkey, She has a monkey velcro'd to the side of her crib that plays her "night night" song and a few others. It's become a very treasured gift and comforting for when we travel.

Dislikes:

> All of a sudden she hates her hair brushed!! What the heck?
> Being on the changing table, talk about a squirmy wormy
> Not a fan of shoes, socks or hats...I know this is pretty norm but she used to not mind them!

I'm a professional spotter at this stage...I've literally slid across the floor to save her head from hitting the ground!
Don't let her fool you, she's not shy lol

Overall this growing up thing, although sad, is becoming more and more fun! She has such a sweet and loving personality, fearless and excited about everything. Needless to say, just when you think your love for your child couldn't grow...it's scary! 

On another note, completely off topic, I am starting a lifestyle/family photography page on IG and will start posting soon! I'm excited to see where it takes me because I LOVE capturing amazing moments. Hoping weddings will become part of that mix! 

Hope everyone has a fabulous memorial weekend, it will be the first time in a long time that both the ancé and I will be able to partake in the festivities! Whoop whoop!

Postpartum Update || Eight Months ||

Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Hey mamas!! 

So I'm posting this now, at almost nine months postpartum, however the pictures and most of this was done at eight months. Like I've said before, I have many ALMOST finished posts!





So here it is, although I love my body I think everyone likes to think that they will have their pre-baby body back eventually even though you know it will just never be the same. The biggest change for me is my stomach area and boobs that seem to be slowly floating down river haha. Ok ok I might be over exaggerating but it's how I feel! Now, I'm not saying I'm upset or complaining as I know a lot of women gain 60-70lbs and have a hard time losing it. I'm happy with my body and am realizing that working out is a gift. Although Pey is amazing when it comes to using the daycare at the gym, no stranger danger yet! Also, I am still breastfeeding (woohoo!) everyone has their own opinions on this but I'm hoping to get to 15months and then maybe 24months but we'll see. With two top and two bottom teeth I pretty much have a baby piranha on my boobs, sounds fun right? It's making me reconsider breastfeeding longer vs. saving my nips! 
 
Speaking of breastfeeding, Does everyone's boobs get a little bigger after 5 months?? Wish they would stay! Also, Do a lot of you ladies feel your "let down"?? It's the craziest thing to me, all of a sudden my boob or boobs feel like they tense up. I think I started feeling it more and realizing what they were at about 5-6 months. With this came a lot of extra milk, I think I was pumping an extra 10 oz a day but right now it's getting harder and harder to find time to pump since Pey always ends up in bed with us. Yes, yes I know but it works for us for right now. I also experienced leaking for the first time when my fiancé and I went to a company party, I thought I was sweating but it was my milk running down my stomach! Definitely glad I wore black but that was my cue to say our goodbyes.

The Good, The Bad and The TMI

- First off, a TMI. I've been seeing my doctor every 6 months just because I love her but also because I want to make sure everything is going well down there. I have to admit it has taken me a lot longer to recover and for things to feel the same again. Now I know why!! My doctor said that after you have a baby, your lady parts are going through menopause! I mean really?? She said that if she didn't put a notation on my pap, it would come back as a menopausal 65yr old. Ha. So basically you're saying my who-ha is a senior citizen. Learn something new everyday, your welcome. I didn't actually try it because in the following week or two the dryness stopped but you can get estrogen creme (doesn't effect your milk supply) to help your little senior citizen. lol Loving the new nickname.

- The good, I made it to almost 9 months of exclusively breastfeeding!! Just to clarify though, this means something different for everyone. Some people associate it with just breast milk and no formula. There is also breastfeeding only and no bottles at all or just breastfeeding the majority of the time.

- The bad, my back is still killlllling me and it feels completely bruised still where the epi went in. As if I didn't already have a bad back! Also, my hips!!! Holy cow, downfall of cosleeping I guess, too much side sleeping. Bottom line- Hi, I feel old.

- The good, the carpal tunnel is almost completely gone!! That is crazy because I didn't think it would ever go away. Don't get me wrong I still feel numb sometimes at night but it doesn't hurt and get cold like it used too. The pain I had in my pinkie, which turned out to be trigger finger, has dissipated as well!

- The bad, Mom brain is getting worse and worse!! I mean, I don't really consider it bad until I forget something important. When it comes to dating a check with 2015 or using Pey's toothpaste instead of my own, I can't help but laugh!

- The TMI, I miss my old nipples... not that I have complaints, trust, buuuuut well I just miss them. Lol

- The good, I feel like my -ancé and I are finally getting back to normal...as in having date nights and romantical time. 

- TMI, my boobs are getting even bigger! Officially a cup and a half size bigger. Not sure I like it, but I know someone who does! Men. *rolls eyes but also loves it*

Mommy-isms

- Well, I recently went completely through the drive thru window at Starbucks and forgot to tell her my order first. Yup, I just went straight up to the cashier window lol. Oops.

- I started putting anything I don't want to drive off with on the hood instead of the roof of the car while putting Pey in her car seat. It saves me a lot of yells by near by onlookers and money from having to reorder my spilled, venti iced sparkling black tea lemonade with 2 pumps peach, again. PS- I'm proud of my Starbucks order! I feel like when you go to Starbucks they expect a complicated order, and if you don't have one...you're not a "pro". Right?

Lastly, I started doing so that I don't lose my mind on him! We decided that neither of us are allowed to say that we are tired, exhausted or anything related to that because let's face it, we both are but us women can just handle more. If Rod doesn't get a nap in then I will have a man child on my hands lol. When I'm up a lot of the nights because she's still waking up a lot and wants only me, it's hard to hear Rod get up and say he's so exhausted! Let's just say I want to throw something at him...and it's not a bunch of marshmallows! Any other tips you mamas use to keep your relationship from turning into a battlefield at certain times?? lol Hey, let's just be honest! 

Hope everyone had a beautiful mommy day!

Just you and me : Our First Mothers Day

Friday, May 6, 2016
My Darling girl-

It's our first mommy day together and I know you won't remember it or even know why i'm smothering you with more kisses than usual. Regardless, I wanted to write to you and tell you how special you make me feel. Yes you, who was squirming around in my tummy last year at this time and is right now squirming out of my arms to get down and crawl after the poor puppies. To say time is flying by would be a vast understatement. I originally came into this holiday thinking like the old me, the old me that would love any excuse to pamper herself and have a few cocktails with friends by the beach exchanging gossip. That was then, although tempting, it can wait because it's about us now. Of course your dad is always with us and loves you dearly but no one knows your little details or notices the tiniest of changes more than me.

Through ten months and two days of growing you, feeling your slightest moves and even things that would seem to annoy you, like when you got hiccups, I know you. A little scratch from brushing up against the woven basket, a bruise on your right shin because you always lead with your right leg when crawling over things like the dog gate. I know the differences between your cries, whether you want to be hugged, need a nap, getting frustrated or you're in pain. I know every new smile or scrunch of your face or when you sleep 5 minutes longer than normal. Recently you have been saying mama only while you're crying from your crib. I sit there watching you on the monitor, wondering if you know what you are saying and why you only say it now when dada gets to hear his name all day long.  It has to be because when you need me most you are going to call for me, when you are hurt or scared you want your mommy and that couldn't make me feel more special.

Mothers Day, for me, isn't going to be about pampering myself or spending time away from you, this year anyway lol. It's another day, besides the day of your birth, that I celebrate you and what you have contributed to my life without knowing. I promise to always be that mom that wipes your dried boogies and left over food on your face with a wet finger, I promise to always try to leave little notes in your lunch box and surprise you with lots of mommy and me time. I promise to always be goofy and make a fool of myself just to hear the sound of your laugh and see that infectious smile. These promises will be the easiest and most important promises of my life because being your mother is the most important thing I've done.

So today, instead of wanting to get my chipped nails done or my hair fluffed and cut that is about a year over due, I want to spend this day with you. Our first mothers day together and while you are still at this stage of clinging to me for dear life, I want to soak you up and take this day to treasure US.



Happy First Mommy and Me day Peyton Mackenzie, I love you more than all the waves in the ocean and all the sand in the world.

xxxxxo

The "Pey" Times || Eight Months

Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Hey Mommies! Man do I miss blogging but between my wedding and my future little sister in laws wedding coming up this week, it's been getting cray. Hopefully in May things will calm down some and I can put a bridal post together because let's face it, I have folders, snapshots and lots of pins of ideas for my perfect wedding. I also need some opinions because due to pinterest I have SO many different things I would like to do but might not be cohesive.

E i g h t  M o n t h s

Height: 28.5 in. 
Weight: 20lbs 6oz

Obviously my fave pic

Anywho, although this little miss hasn't grown length wise in awhile, that doesn't mean she hasn't been doing a lot of growing! Two pounds heavier since last month I feel like she is also leaning out a little now that I can't get her to sit still. I'm guessing this is the part where mommies lose weight because they are constantly entertaining/ running around with their little ones!

This was a close second...yes she likes to look like she just got caught!

Especially when it comes to breastfeeding, which I'm still doing exclusively yay!, she flails her arms and her feet try to dance on top of my head but can never make it. Speaking of, she also started loving to pinch and rub my other nipple while having the other, anyone else? Ya it was funny at first until her nails dig in and remind me how badly I need to cut them! Ah!

I also learned that when she's fussy and in desperate need of a nap, putting her directly on my boob is NOT, I repeat NOT the best solution because she will bite! She likes to do this followed by a smile and giggle. I swear one of these times I'm going to unintentionally push her aside because it hurts so bad I automatically flinch and pull her off yelling "No! GENTLE!". Oh the joys of breastfeeding but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Milestones:

> CRAWLING! at 7 Months and 3 weeks she was off!
> Finding anything to crawl up to a standing position (hence the picture below)
> Mimics our facial expressions and tries to copy our sounds
> Knows what kisses mean and will gladly given you a slobbery open mouth kiss
> Reaching for me or for familiar people

I can tell this crawling stage won't last...

Likes:

> Babbling Mama only when she cries
> Listening to mommy and daddy read her books before bed
> Classical Lullabies (Baby Bach) music that I play over bluetooth on her speaker in her room, has been really working lately to keep her asleep longer. Ok not really, but I think she likes it! haha
> Facetime, seriously...She wants to see the front of my phone every time I'm talking to someone, kinda cute

Dislikes:

> Waking up to unfamiliar surroundings, She takes awhile to wake up just like her mommy.
> still not a fan of being in her car seat but at least she can hang a little longer than normal!

annnnnnd pose lol.

Super cute black and white heart bloomers: Hutton and Grey


Must Haves of the Month:

: T O Y S :

Fisher Price Classic Infant Trio: Bought these at 7 months and she loved the blocks and pouring them out of the pail. She also loves when I re-stack the colorful rings. The Xylophone on the other hand I think will come later when she doesn't just want to stick the yellow paton down her throat!






















Vtech Sit to Stand Walker: She now knows that she can crawl and push this thing so she is always on the go to find it and push it. She's still learning so it's more me following her around with safety hands around her.



B.Zany Zoo Wooden Activity Cube: Pey could NOT get enough of this thing, there is so much to do and she will definitely grow into to since she is just starting to pull herself up.



: P R O D U C T S :

Munchkin White Hot Safety Spoons: What I think is a good temp is sometimes still too hot, so I like these!



Bib Set by Kickee: These are so soft and Pey actually keeps them on because they are like soft tshirt material.

























I wanted to start adding these things because I wished I knew some popular toys to get her that worked as well as products, hope it helped!


Obsessed with those two teethes

Oh and cheers to our engagement shoot that we are having today! It snuck up real fast and we are definitely not as prepared as I would like but hopefully that will make it better! Can't wait to show you guys!

|| Confessions of a Mommy ||

Monday, March 21, 2016
As I sit here with the only light being this bright computer screen, as my milk is being suctioned out of me, I can't help but wonder if this new person that has emerged is going to be enough.

Tonight we got home late and so I immediately put Pey in her highchair, which she then started banging on in anticipation of food. Rod boiled the water to start dinner, which was just simple ravioli and some vodka sauce (a staple these days). After feeding her, I took her a bath while Rod folded the wrinkled laundry I left out from earlier and prepared our plates (He loves being wrinkly Rod haha oops). From there I usually take her straight to her room to read her a book and put her to bed but I was starving so from there it's a contest of who can eat the fastest so the other person can eat without fingers in their nose and mouth. Anyway, After the baby was asleep and we laid in bed I thought about how amazing it feels when things run smoothly and successfully because it's often crazy with a side of friendly bickering. Life with a baby is definitely only made for the strong and communication couldn't be more important than it is now!

This got me thinking about what it's going to be like when Peyton gets older especially because I know she's going to be a big daddies girl. Am I going to be smart enough to help with her homework? Will she call me her best friend but be respectful of the rules around her? But most of all, will I be wise enough and strong enough to know when to let the reigns loosen and when to tighten them up? Yes, of course, I've always thought about being a mother but i've also always thought about being a professional sky diver, everything is different once you're there. When you're hanging off the edge of a plane and you see your friend in front of you disappear faster than the donut you ate that morning, a bunch of questions start rolling in. Reality has set in. Yes, I just compared motherhood to a skydiver and if you think about it they are very similar. You really are just thrown into it and it's the scariest thing in the world in those final few moments before you jump. Then...it's just beautiful, like nothing in the world can stop you and you can see everything laid out in front of you. However, then you start to see the reality coming at you like...well like earth usually does when you jump from a plane. You start to wonder things, questions you knew you had but pushed away because to answer them would mean that you had some doubts or that you were actually scared. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubts about our ability to raise our daughter but I'm realizing how scary it is to have a daughter and want to teach her but shield her at the same time. Finding that balance is different for everyone and every mother daughter has a different dynamic. I just hope Peyton and I's dynamic is...um bitchin' haha. Let's face it, whether you're jumping out of a plane or a new mommy, either way the likelihood of changing a diaper or undergarment is high!

Am I right? I've said it once and I'll say it again, the single mothers out there are super humans because without my fiancé I would have no hair left, rocking myself in the corner holding my knees....praying for help. I'm so thankful to have a best friend and supporter throughout this transition process into becoming parentals!

Photography: Natalie Schutt

The "Pey" Times || Seven Months

Friday, March 18, 2016

S e v e n  M o n t h s 

Height: 28.5 in. \\  95%
Weight: 18lbs 9oz \\ 75%

At seven months I have a totally stubborn but sweet and sassy but loving little girl. Her little personality is coming through and I couldn't be more terrified. She absolutely loves outdoors (beach/sand especially) and stares down any little boy she comes across.


This past month has also been one for colds, she's had two colds pretty much back to back, which I was not prepared for. Thank you saline drops and nose frida, when buying these products I never thought I would use them as much as I did. Not to mention, when I bought the nose frida I was thinking there was no way I was using my mouth to suction out mucus! Amazing what changes when you have a crying stuffy nosed baby. She's such a trooper though, at night is the only time she let her stuffy nose damper her mood, definitely got that from me! Since I feel like most men act like they are sicker than anyone has ever been when they are under the weather...even if it's the same cold you had...no no it's way worst than that. Lol 

Ok, I got off track talking about our man children! This past month I've also started bringing her to the gyms daycare, I felt super uneasy and did a 30 min workout the first time around. She was perfect but I'm still doing 45 min workouts just to get her used to it. Point of the story is mamas getting her groove back and working out again! I haven't done a postpartum update yet but I plan too. Although it will probably be an 8 month update and most are usually 6 months, I feel like I actually have things to report now. 


Feeding:

Still exclusively breastfeeding and no formula needed. Giving as much water as she is eating and maybe a little throughout the day if it's hot. At 6 1/2 months I started giving her gf rolled oats that I eat almost every morning. Just because the baby cereals take out a lot of stuff and it made sense to give her what I eat. It went over really well of course but we decided to give her nothing but veggies for at least the first 3 months but all greens for the first 2 months. Green Beans, Zucchini, Peas (only one she hasn't liked so far) and we're on spinach right now! Debating on what is next, maybe Kale/chard blend or broccoli. Have any of you had bad gas problems from doing broccoli?

Milestones:

> She has two bottom teeth!
> She's on food item number 3
> Picking up large objects with both hands
> Totally knows her name
> Responds to No and even shakes her head back at you
> Bangs toys around to open them or see if stuff comes out


Likes:


> Anything to do with food
> Crinkly noises
> Shaking her head No
> Giving kisses
> Still loves her Ergo and the Solly Wrap which I'm starting to love way more!
> Water...playing in it, drinking it...everything
> The color BLUE!!
> Hair brushing
> Still loves to walk around while holding her hands
> Blow drying her hair
> When mommy or daddy dances
> "Reading" books and slapping all the pages
> Snow! She loved watching it come down...until it would get in her eyes

Dislikes:


> The breast pump, big bummer because now I can't pump with her around because she'll grab it!
> Having her toe nails clipped
> The winding road to Big Bear... that sucked.










I love blogging but it's really still hard to find the time or want to make time away from your ever growing child. I'm sure it's going to get busier and harder to make time to sit down and write. The only reason I'm able to do it now is because she is sleeping in her Solly Wrap. 

In other news, I'm thinking I'm going to get the Disneyland Pass because I'm a huge Disney fan. Any of you ladies go with your 6mo+ olds? And because mommy could use a churro or three!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature